A true alpine village with everything you need and true ski in ski out lodging throughout the resort, Falls Creek certainly has plenty of appeal.
The village sits in an alpine bowl above the snowline and lifts allow you to access both sides of the mountain.
Falls Creek is a year-round destination, with downhill and cross country skiing in winter, and bushwalking, trail riding, fishing, cycling, windsurfing and boating in summer. Surrounded by awesome mountain scenery, some of Australia's most inspirational bike riding country can be discovered at Falls Creek.
- Falls Creek Alpine Resort is 350 kilometres north east of Melbourne.
- It is located in the heart of Victoria's High Country, with magnificent views of the Bogong High Plains.
- Falls Creek is located 690 kilometres (7.5 hours drive) from Sydney, 958 kilometres (10.5 hours drive) from Adelaide and is a 4.5 hour flight from Brisbane.
- Falls Creek rises to an altitude of 1842 metres above sea level.
- Falls Creek village stands tall at a height of 1600 metres
- skiing terrain - more than 75 kilometres of groomed trails and 92 runs within its 450-hectare area.
- Highest Lifted: 1,780 metres
- Village Altitude: 1,600 metres
- Snowline Altitude: 1,100 metres
Falls Creek offers a wide range of accommodation options including:
Apartments, Lodges, Chalets, Flats & Holiday units.
Summer in Falls Creek
Known as a winter destination, Falls Creek is also a great place to visit in the summer months.
Falls Creek is the place to base yourself for training if at all possible. Every December and January hoards of Victoria's distance runners head up to Falls Creek for a dedicated period of running, resting, and more running.
At 1700m and surrounded by the Bogong High Plains and the Alpine National Park it's the perfect place to get in some quality training at altitude.