Mt Beauty is nestled at the foot of Victoria’s highest mountain, Mt Bogong, in the fertile Kiewa Valley. Initially developed in 1949 to house workers during construction of the Kiewa Hydro Electric scheme, it has prospered into a popular tourist destination with much to offer.
Mt Beauty is today the focal point for a variety of adventure activities, including cycling, 4WD, bushwalking and gliding, as well as swimming, boating and fishing in streams and lakes. Mt Beauty is the home of mountain biking in Victoria. Horse riding on the High Plains and bushwalking in the Alpine National Park, to mountain biking along bush tracks and fishing in the Kiewa River. For skiers, Falls Creek is just a short drive away As regular hosts of downhill and cross-country races, there are literally hundreds of trails to explore.
- Population approximately 1,650
- 344 kilometres north-east of Melbourne
- High country adventures.
- Hike through spectacular mountain landscapes on the trails of the Alpine National Park
- Experience the thrill of canoeing, kayaking, rafting, rock climbing or abseiling on a guided adventure tour
- Enjoy tranquil fishing in clear mountain streams
- Explore the scenic trails of the High Country on horseback with an experienced guide